Sunday, March 8, 2009

Packing up

Just to make sure I don't forget anything I started packing last night. I also want to bring what I need on board to survive the 17 hour flight there (we stop in Senegal for a one hour refueling but can't leave the plane). Reading, writing, enough juice in the I-pod and hopefully some sleep.  I'm pretty comfortable on planes but 17 hours is a long time to be confined especially when your so excited to get to your destination. The flight back of course will be even longer just because the trip will be over.

Yesterday Dr Julie Ruth and friends packed duffle bags with supplies and gifts for the children at Kalksteen
Primary school.  Besides crayons, games and calculators they also packed an oboe and a trombone (a special request). I understand that seeing where the children study, seeing them receive the gifts and their smiles and friendliness at meeting the group from Rutgers is a memorable experience.